Terms and Conditions of stay - The Thinnai, Jaffna
All guests of the Thinnai, Jaffna (the "Hotel") shall be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1) Definitions. The following expressions in the terms and conditions below shall have the following meanings: a) "applicable taxes and charges" shall mean, applicable government taxes and service charge of the Hotel. b) "guest" shall mean, any person checked-in and staying at the Hotel c) "room rate" shall mean, the price to be paid to the Hotel by its guests for the occupancy including meal prices based on the package obtained by the guest plus applicable taxes and charges. d) "room nights" shall mean, in relation to a reservation, the sum of the multiple of the number of rooms by the number of nights that each room is reserved for.
2) Minimum Age for Reservations and Bookings. a) The minimum age for a guest reserving or booking a villa at the Hotel shall be 18 years and that person/s must be present and submit valid identification at the time of check-in.
3) Check-in and check-out time a) The check-in time for all guests staying at the Hotel is 2.00 pm. b) All guests staying at the hotel must check-out of their rooms before 12.00 noon. c) The Hotel may allow guests to check-in early. d) A guest who wishes to check-in earlier than 6.00 am must pay the room rate for the preceding night as well. e) A guest may be allowed to check-out later than 12.00 noon, upon payment of the additional hourly rate which shall be as follows: e.i) Single Bed Room Villa category 15 US Dollars per hour or part thereof. e.ii) Double Bed Room Villa category 25 US Dollars per hour or part thereof. f) Guests who wish to check-out later than 6.00 pm must pay the room rate for that same night. g) Early check-in and late check-out will be subject to availability of rooms and at the discretion of the Hotel. h) Children under the age of 5 may stay at the Hotel free of charge provided no additional beds are required for them. A baby cot will be provided at no extra cost, subject to on availability.
4) Reservations a) Upon making a reservation, 25% of the amount payable for the total number of room nights must be paid to the Hotel (the "reservation fee"). All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card at the time of reservation. b) Changes to a reservation can only be made free of charge, more than 2 weeks prior to arrival date subject to availability and the cancellation policy. c) Changes to a reservation less than 2 weeks prior to the arrival will be charged an additional 25 % on the room rate for every date of change and an amended reservation will be offered subject to availability. d) In this clause "changes to a reservation" shall mean a changes to the dates of the reservation which does not reduce the number of room nights per reservation (for which the cancelation policy will apply). e) In the event there is a change in the number of rooms or the number of room nights and changes are made less than two weeks prior to intend check-in date , the Guest will be charged in terms of the cancelation policy set out below..
5) Cancellation policy a) The following terms shall apply to cancellations of a reservation a.i) Cancellation may be done 2 weeks prior to arrival and a full refund of the reservation fee shall be made. . a.ii) Cancellations made less than 2 weeks prior to arrival will be subject to the forfeiture of the reservation fee. a.iii) In the event a guest fails to arrive at the Hotel on the date of check-in. the guest will be charged the room rate for one night’s stay or the reservation fee, whichever is higher. a.iv) In the event a guest wishes to check-out earlier than the period for which a reservation has been made no refund of the room rate paid will be made on cancelled room nights
6) Occupancy Policy a) The maximum occupancy for all single bedroom villas shall be four persons including children above 5 years of age. b) The maximum occupancy for all two bedroom villas shall be six persons including children above5 years of age.
7) Payment Policies a) All payments for the room for the entire stay must be made at the time of checking-in. b) The Guests will be allowed a maximum credit limit of USD 300 for one bedroom villas and USD 500 for two bedroom villas, for the purchase of extras inclusive of applicable taxes and charges. Upon being notified that the above credit limit has been reached, the Guest must settle the sums outstanding for extras inclusive of applicable taxes and charges to have the aforesaid credit amount extended. c) Payments are accepted though all major credit and debit cards subject to availability including Visa, Euro/Master, Amex, Maestro, and all locally issued Debit cards d) Payments in cash are accepted in LKR (Sri Lanka Rupees), USD (United States Dollars), GBP (Great Britain Pounds), EUR (Euros), CAD (Canadian Dollars) and AUD (Australian dollars)
8) Smoking Policy a) Smoking inside the villas, all restaurants and other enclosed public areas is prohibited. b) Smoking is permitted in the outdoor areas attached to the villas such as the verandas and the balconies. c) In the event a guest smokes in a villa, the guest shall be liable to pay cleaning costs and cost of replacement of any items in the villa damaged due to the contamination caused by such smoking.
11) Electronics and other equipment a) Each room is equipped with various types of electronic equipment for the use and convenience of the guests, such as a television, bread toaster, iorn and ironing board, electronic safe, electronic kettle, telephone, refrigerator, power sockets, induction cooker, hair dryer and microwave oven. b) Guests must read and understand the relevant instruction manuals, guides and notices in relation to each such item prior to the use of the same and take the necessary precautions as may be customarily required when using such equipment. The said equipment shall only be used for its ordinary purpose or design. For example, the iron may only be used for ironing cloths and no other purpose. c) In room telephone c.i) Use of the telephone in the room to contact the Hotel or other villas are free of charge. c.ii) Use of the telephone for local or international calls are subject to the relevant charges applicable thereto specified in the service directory. c.iii) Please read the user manual prior to use of the telephone.
12) Parents with children While the Hotel has taken all reasonable measures to ensure safety of all guests, there are many places and items that may be dangerous, especially for children and as such parents and guardians are required to ensure that children are always accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times whilst in the villa and elsewhere in the Hotel.
13) Meal Plans a) Bed and breakfast, half board and full board meal plans are available. The rates are applicable per guest. b) Children who are between 5 & 12 years will be charged half rate for buffets or set menus c) Meals for children under 5 years are free for buffets or set menus only if, c.i) They are in the company of adults and these adults are paying for adult meals c.ii) The number of children accompanying guests staying in a single bedroom villa shall not exceed two c.iii) The number of children accompanying guests staying in a double bedroom villa shall not exceed three
14) Dining facilities. a) The Amudham Vegetarian Restaurant will not be available for Hotel guests from time to time when other events are hosted at this restaurant. Guest who require strictly vegetarian food and do not wish to dine in any of the other non-vegetarian restaurants, must inform the Hotel of this requirement at the time of reservation. Vegetarian meals prepared in the Amudham Vegetarian Restaurant will be made available in other restaurants if the Amudham is hosting another event (Amudham Restaurant will be only available from the 1st of January 2017) b) The Sangamam Restaurant serves a variety of international cuisine. Its operating hours are from 7:00 AM until 11:00 PM. It is only open to guests who are staying at The Thinnai and their guests. c) The Saaral Pub serves a variety of beverages and food. Its operating hours are from 12 Noon until midnight. It is only open to guests who are staying at the Thinnai. Persons under the age of 21 are not permitted entry to the pub. d) Alcoholic beverages are not available at the Hotel presently e) Food purchased outside the Hotel may only be consumed inside the villa.
15) Left luggage The Hotel will store the guest's luggage after check-out for a maximum period of one week. Thereafter a storage charge of US$ 10 per day or part thereof will be charged per article regardless of the size or nature of the item stored. The storage of valuables and laptops and inflammable toxic and hazardous materials are not permitted.
16)Elevator a) Children below the age of 18 must be accompanied by parents or guardian when using the elevator.
17) Parking a) Parking vehicles at the Hotel vehicle parking area is at the Guests own risk and the Hotel will not be liable for any loss or damage caused to vehicles parked at the Hotel.
18) General Policies a) The Hotel has a zero tolerance policy in which it will refuse to admit or refuse service or accommodation in the Hotel or may remove a person who: while on the premises of the Hotel acts in an obviously intoxicated or disorderly manner, destroys or threatens to destroy Hotel property, or causes or threatens to cause a public disturbance; or refuses or is unable to pay for the accommodations or services. b) The Hotel may limit the number of persons who may occupy a particular guest room in the Hotel and will only allow registered guests to use its facilities. c) A person who negligently or intentionally causes damage to the Hotel or any furniture or furnishings within the Hotel, shall be liable for damages sustained by the Hotel or the staff of the Hotel, including the Hotel's loss of revenue resulting from the inability to rent or lease rooms while the damage is being repaired. d) Any damages or injury to the Hotel, its property or staff caused negligently or willingly by a guest, will have to be compensated by the guest ro the Hotel and/or its staff.
19) Visitors a) Persons requiring to visit Guests must be accompanied from the reception area by the guest. Furthermore such visitors are not permitted to stay overnight in the guest's villa. b) Usage of facilities by visitors inclusive of the swimming pool will incur additional charges as applicable. c) Visitors dining with guests who are on a meal plan must pay published prices for their meals